08 July 2009

swap happy

I have been participating in a placemat swap organized by the lovely krom mama. I was lucky to get hooked up with Michelle B from MichelleSews. This was a two way swap, where you could exchange wishes and requests before you got started with the sewing. I have sent off the placemat I made for Michelle.

Yesterday I received the quilt she made for me. I am SPEACHLESS and IN SHOCK. It is a piece of art, beautiful and very special. Beautiful fabrics and lovely quilting. Even my hubby gave it big praise. Michelle, maybe you should have put it in an exhibition? I have put it up on the wall, on my Snowwhite. It is so Summer and I LOVE IT! Thank you, thank you!



10 comments:

Andi said...

Lucky!!!
That is stunning.
Andi :-)

Merete said...

Kjempeflott!!!

shellysquilts said...

Very very cute! I can't wait to see the one you made. Fun stuff.

MichelleB said...

Marit, I'm so glad that you liked it. I so enjoyed doing it. I was worried that I couldn't live up to your fabulous quilts. Tell hubby thanks! ;)

linda said...

Lucky you!!

Twisted Quilts said...

Absolutely gorgeous, you are the lucky one!!

Allie said...

That is WONDERFUL.

Sharon said...

That is SO much more than a placemat! *grin* How wonderful....and I LOVE the stitching Michelle did on it.

Mishkat said...

This is so beautiful! I love the fabrics, the design, the quilting - everything! And I really like the placemat you made for Michelle also.

Janet said...

I love that, I would have hung it too, it's too lovely to get food on it.