01 November 2010

small treats for halloween

Yesterday evening we had a great variation of small and big witches and ghosts stopping by for trick or treats. They take pride in having fancy costumes and make-up. And I enjoy seeing them all...

This year I made a few Halloween treats for me:

a little mug mat (above)

a table topper, 26" by 12"

and a little string bag, 10" by 12". This sweet little "treat" was a free pattern designed by the talented and generous Ayumi. Adore her creations! Maybe I need to make a few more. For christmas (instead of a stocking?) or for a dear friends birthday coming up? Or just because its nice to make small treats...

Hope you all had a happy Halloween. And that you all find a safe way to dispose of the left - over candy. That's the tricky part...

(Left over candy is filling out the bag...)

; )

9 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

So many fun Halloween creations!

We don’t really celebrate Halloween, though yesterday evening lots of children were ringing the doorbell asking for treats... no idea what got into their little heads... LOL! They must have seen my little spiderweb quilt hanging in the hall!

Quiltefia said...

hei!! Så fine ting!! Hyggelig å lage noe som blir fort ferdig!! Nå skal jeg prøve å få satt på en lukkekant!! AnneK:-)

Nifty Quilts said...

You've been having lots of fun! Your use of black with the colors really makes them pop! I thought your table topper was a full quilt when I first saw it. That would be great too!

ayumills said...

Those are really nice Halloween treats! I love both your creations! You do such a great job working with solid black fabric!

Sujata Shah said...

Lovely bags and the table topper. I have not made many bags. I am going give this one a try. I love the checkered look you have going here.

Millie said...

I just love the Halloween topper and bag...so cute.

liz said...

Your usual wonderful colour sense. I am full of admiration.

Twisted Quilts said...

Is the first one a placemat? The prints look so good on the black. I used to be timid with black but after seeing what others do I am beginning to like it. I have always loved the way you use white.

Anonymous said...

love the cute bags. so perfect.