After a year in the making, my Ghastly spiderweb quilt is ready to be used. And today I'm happy to share some pictures:
A blue sky and sun has been rare around here lately. The sun bleaches out the colors a bit on the pictures...
For a while I was planning to do hand-quilting with big stitches and perle cotton. I ended up quilting this by machine, following the edges of the webs and extending the lines across the border.
This last picture shows the quilting from the back. A "photo - strip" is incorporated with two Hope Valley prints. I was a bit short on this backing fabric, and had to be very frugal making the back big enough. Basting a quilt with a small back is no fun, so I'll try to avoid that next time. The quilt measures 58" * 74". I used Quilters Dream cotton batting, again...
Outside, the trees are looking more and more like the mix of green and orange in this quilt. There's no doubt about it fall is here! Hopefully this weekend we'll see some more of the blue sky.
Thank you all for leaving me such nice comments on my last post! The 30's stash buster tumbler top has inspired me to think of 2012 as the year of using from stash, daring to dive into the collected designer fabrics. At least that's an ambition!
Wish you all a lovely weekend, with or without fabric and thread!