13 June 2012

transit of venus


A finished quilt is usually a happy moment

my transit of venus finished at 50" * 70"

hand-quilted on quilters dream request cotton batting and the soft voile backing.


Last week we witnessed the rare astrologic occasion of the transit of venus, blissfully unaware...

that by the end of the week...





our very own, sweet furry companion would suddenly leave us confused and hart-broken...

She has been my sweet helper and quilt inspector, a frequent star of this blog. (My very last picture of her is included in my previous post - before the horrible truth of her fatal injury was revealed to us.) I needed to share these sad news with you all. 

The full story includes a few trips to the vet, who did all she could. I can not even type this without crying, so please let me stop now. The house is suddenly turned oh so quiet and I am being very lost for words. For that very reason I disabled the comments to this post. Please understand.

Promise to be back, but for now ...

rip my sweet venus