07 July 2014

summer...





... dresses

Influenced by the clever and lovely english ladies (Kerry, Charlotte and Katy) making pretty dresses, I have been daring some dressmaking, too. The patterns are several makes from the staple dress by April Rhodes and one date night dress by the same designer. Voile is from stash and by Amy Butler, Tina Givens and Anna Maria Horner, once intended for quilt backings. The last picture is a Liberty of London Tana Lawn, a special purchase for dressmaking.

So far I have made three versions of the staple dress:
  • xxl with a tuck in the neckline (my little alteration) and pockets makes for a soft and roomy summer dress
  • xxl with shirring in the waist and no pockets, has all french seams and hidden fabric edges
  • xl with shirring in the waist and pockets for a more fitted size (not shown, as I am wearing it right now ; )
Have to say i LOVE the pattern, and will use it again. There are so far three cotton dresses made not shown, and a few lovely fabric purchases hopefully appering in my mailbox soon... Among them a bit of double gauze that I can't wait to try out.


The date night dress is made in xxl, and has a very open neckline that needs some clever ideas...


In the making is also a simple sundress by Heather Ross. (Free pattern, just google it). Maybe a bit carried away, you say? I promise you, my wardrobe needed some refreshing.

So happy summer to you all. I am hoping to get to wear my latest creations a lot!

; )

5 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Ooh, they look so pretty! I love the little tuck in the neckline on some of them. I was just thinking I needed something loose and chic to wear. You've come up with the perfect solution. And what a great way to use those beautiful, soft fabrics.

Ali said...

Oh awesome, it's starting to get hot in the house and TMI, but I'm getting tired of wearing my husbands boxer briefs and a tank top to stay cool. Those are pretty AND they look comfortable but not too warm, thank you for the inspiration!

carla said...

Hi!!!! These are so pretty and such a great idea!!!! I bet they are comfy too!!!!

Quiltefia said...

Hei og god sommer!! Lenge siden!! Så fine kjoler!! Du har virkelig fått sydd mange!! Jeg har kommet så langt at jeg har kjøpt mønster og stoff, men der ble det stopp. Kjoler er så lurt å sy!! Da blir de sånn som man vil ha dem.... Anne Kari :-)

Tricia said...

You are going to look soooo amazing in these beautiful, summery dresses! Wish I had your skill and talent in the dress-making arena!