17 April 2016

windy






Photoshoot on a windy afternoon. Stargazing with Amy finishes at 28" * 36", quilted with perle cotton on Quilters Dream Request batting using big baptist fan stencil to mark the quilting lines.

The blocks are made of spare parts from a previous quilt: Sizzix stars. They are purposely fragmented with star points swapped between them. Dark on light background and the other way around. Quite playful or chaotic, depending on the observer... 

I think of this as a sketch, wanting to experiment with other colorways and other fabrics than quilting cottons. Another result from emptying out the boxes of pre-cuts, wip's and ufo's. That's the theme of 2016 for me so far...

; )

Happy stitching to all!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great sketch and I think you should explore it more. I love a good windy day myself!

Nifty Quilts said...

I love it! So playful. It's got just the right amount of unpredictability. You make me want to do something with my spare blocks!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Marit! What a lovely quilt! Beautiful and fun - and they are all stars! x Teje