05 April 2018

madhouse














































spring is late this year and I will share a quilt I finished a bit earlier

here is madhouse:


  • finished at 72" * 72"
  • hand quilted in perle cotton no 16 on quilters dream wool batting
  • logcabin variation, starting with a pentagon shape
  • basted on the wall with quilters safety pins


using 2.5", 3.0" and 6.0" strips and charm pack squares from my many boxes of precut fabric, I managed to scale down and free up some storage space. Rearranging fabric is an neverending activity. I think it's also a way to find new inspiration.

The quilt is soft and warm, quite happy with the finish. I have used a bit of black color, and think it adds a lot of dept to the palette.

More hand quilting is going on behind the scenes, and hopefully there will be more quilty goodness to share in a while...

; )


11 comments:

Marie said...

LOVE it! I read once that every room should have a little bit of black in it and that idea translates perfectly to your quilt. It's just gorgeous!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I really like the design of your quilt -- and I adore how very scrappy it is. GREAT finish!

liz said...

lovely - and great to see a new post!

Frog Quilter said...

Love this quilt against the snow background. So pretty!! She will love it!!!!

audrey said...

This reminds me of little birdhouses! Lovely, lovely colors.:)

Di~ said...

Beautiful quilt! It's been a long since I've visited your blog...and am glad I did! Thanks for your inspiration!

Wonky Girl said...

Wonderful colors, love the add of black ..... wish it were mine !

Preeti said...

If this is madhouse, I never want to be sane again. It is so juicy, I want to sink my teeth into it. The hand quilting is gorgeous. You should be so proud of this one.

Lappedamen said...

Herlige farger som varmer i en ellers snøfull tid. Våren lar vente på seg, og det var så deilig å se dette teppet. Nydelig.

Nifty Quilts said...

Really fun quilt!! I love the brighter palate with the black. You've made pre-cuts look like random-size scraps! Not easy to do. It's so nice to see your work again.

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Just love it! I am a scrappy quilter too. Gives so much satisfaction to see the result of putting together fabrics and colours.