10 February 2008

A little wallhanging


I have made a little quilt wallhanging of plaids. After looking at a lot of these wonderful quilts that is displayed by bloggers, I think it is a nice size to practise hand quilting.

The fabrics are from 5"charm of "Chocolate" and "Giverny plaid". I just love 5" charms to give you a selection and that scrappy look. My cat is obvious attracted to the top. Is it the soft feel of the wool? Or maybe he just knows how to be center stage?



This is my first time using this tape as guidelines for quilting along. Its easy, and works out really nice. Hand quilting straight lines on a smaller quilt is less comlicated than I thought. Big smile....






1 comment:

Meredith said...

Glad to see you are enjoying the hand quilting. I love it myself. Yes the tape works well can be reused, does not leave residue on your top and come in different widths. Enjoy!