18 April 2009

quilt festival -spring 2009

Amy at Park City Girl is hosting a virtual quilt show. This is a wonderful opportunity to discover a lot of new bloggers and see and hear about their favorite quilts!

It is hard to pick one favorite, but I think mine will be the Spiderweb I am making. It is not finished yet, it will probably not be in another year. The reason for this is that I'm using my best scraps in this quilt, the fabric you love so much that it hurts a bit to actually cut into it and use it....

So, why i this my favorite?

It's bold, bright and cheerful colors
It's connection to tradition (very old pattern) as well as today (modern designer fabric)
I's connection to quilts that I have already made and gotten fond of

But maybe most importantly it's metaphorical meaning, embracing the connections this wonderful www and blogger has given me, all the inspiration and nice blogger friends I have made in the last year.

So I'll enjoy making more blocks as I go ahead venturing into new quilts, hopefully brave enough to cut into more of my most favorite fabrics......

22 comments:

Mary L. said...

Oh I love scrappy quilts. This one will be a real keeper!

Zonnah said...

I love this pattern, you did a great job.

Andi said...

I love this quilt.
Imagine how much more I'll love it when it's finished!!
Andi :-)

Anonymous said...

I can relate to how difficult it sometimes is to cut up your favorite fabrics. But when you get a result as good as this, you know it is worth it.

Kerri said...

oh, i love it!! such a fun quilt!

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Divine!

Ulla said...

This quilt is the best way to use your loveliest fabrics. You must keep the quilt in the family!

Carol said...

I love it! It is just fantastic and the connections are wonderful!

Ariane said...

I love your spider web quilt. I can't wait to see it all done. It looks great.

Jocelyn said...

Really cool quilt. Isn't it neat to meet so many fellow quilters/bloggers on this virtual quilt festival!

Aunt Spicy said...

I think I love this quilt because you have used so many of my favorite fabrics! Its beautiful!

Vicki said...

It looks great!

Kelli said...

Love your color choices!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Such a wonderful description of why you do what you do and how much the fabric and your blogger quilters mean to you! Love the way it is coming together. Isn't it great to NOT have to have a deadline?

Cindra said...

I love spiderweb quilts and yours looks like it is going to be a beauty! Such wonderful fabrics.

Sarah said...

I love the spiderweb quilts too! So fun!

stitchinpenny said...

I read your blog almost everytime you post and I saw these earlier and absolutely love them. I guess it may have been earlier this weekend. I am having trouble keeping up with all the entries

Sharon said...

I like your spiderweb quilt - it's bright and happy! I really love seeing the old patterns re-interpreted in today's new fabrics. It seems to give those old patterns a new life. I can see why you're enjoying making this one!

Unknown said...

Enjoy the process! I love all your "scraps" Thanks for sharing

Vivian said...

It's definitely going to be a memorable quilt. Well done. Love the brightness and energy in it.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I love this pattern. It was one of the first patterns I used to make a quilt. I drew around cardboard templates and cut out each strip and then I sewed the strips together by hand.

SewCalGal said...

You are very talented. Beautiful quilt. Great use of color & design.

Thank you for sharing!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com