29 September 2010

wip wednesday


Progress on the Tokyo Subway Map. Nice and slow... 5 out of 10 or 5 out of 25?

And dusting off my oldest wip / ufo:

inspired by Aneela's quilt- a-long I pulled these out of their storage. I need 5 more blocks before starting to put them together. This was my first project using 30's fabric. I purchased several charm packs, and had a great selection to play with. Before I ran out of steam and put them aside. (The red squares are just temporary, they will not be used)

Thank you, Aneela, for the inspiration to dig them out!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well thanks for the inspiration too!! I am even more determined to crack on with mine now I've seen yours.
It's going to look fantastic!!!!

Leslie said...

the pieces on your design wall look amazing

Nifty Quilts said...

These are both beautiful quilts, so fresh. Great inspiration for autumn!

Quiltefia said...

Hei!! Det er morsomt det t-banekartet du syr!! Utrolig kreativ ide!! Dobbel wedding ring- er litt av en jobb!! Jeg begynte en gang, og det ble et lite teppe til pianoktakken!! Men det er en veldig fin blokk!! AnneK:-)

ayumills said...

Both quilts are looking really really nice, Marit! Can't wait to see them finished!

Janet said...

Your map quilt is growing beautifully. I had to dash over to Aneela's to have a look, wow, what a great quilt along. Yours is going to be wonderful, good for you getting it out to work on.

Unknown said...

OH..a doubble Weddingring? You just remind me of my own very old UFO. I'm not sure I dare to pull it out of the safe place in my wardrobe....it must be 15 years ago I started it.

Sharon said...

I'm amazed at your Wedding Ring - what a lot of pieces in your arcs! It will be beautiful when it comes together.

The Tokyo Subway project is simply amazing!!

liz said...

I am so pleased to see you have started on the tokyo subway. I love it but it will have to wait. Yours is looking great.