01 September 2012

end of summer


At the end of summer (yes, it is...) I've finished another triangle quilt.
This time in thrifted vintage linens. My summer meadow finished up at 50" by 60". It's very soft with it's vintage linen backing and hobbs thermore thin polyester batting. Another one hand quilted in perle cotton. I know, I am repeating myself. This is my sixth triangle quilt of this summer, only leaving the seventh top to be finished up. So, I am calling it a series. A study of the potential of simple triangle quilts.


This one uses the diamond pattern again, grouping the fabric in bigger blocks. Triangles still cut from 8" strips. The big scale organic patterns blend a bit together. Blurring the edges.


Busy front, quiet back showing off the diamond quilting grid.

Really brightens up the table. Love the texture of the quilting in the soft morning light.  Not easy to capture on camera. 



In size I was aiming for a cover up for this bench. It's an open sided storage unit on wheels for my sewing machines. A special order gift from my brother. Made as a tv and stereo bench many years ago. Now it makes our dining room look a bit more as a dining room and a little less as a sewing room. At least until I put that last sewing machine back on top....

; )

Making the most out of the space you've got. I think most of us can relate to that.

Wish you all a great end of summer weekend. Even better wish the lucky ones a great start of summer weekend!






14 comments:

Charlotte said...

another beautiful quilt!

dutchcomfort said...

I love all your triangle quilts!

Making the most out of space and of fabrics, that’s what quilters do, don‘t they?

I finally ordered a triangle template, so no more excuses to postpone making a triangle quilt!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Looks so soft and inviting!

Carla said...

I moved my sewing area to a nook in my bedroom this summer and am finding that I really am enjoying it. My husband doesn't seem to mind the mess too much and no one but us sees it much anyway! I love your quilt, of course, Marit!

Lappedamen said...

Such a pretty quilt, lovely colors.

Lilla dør said...

Nydelig!!! Fantastisk flott arbeid og fargevalg. Goé helg.

Nifty Quilts said...

I've enjoyed your summer series so much! It is great to see how many variations you can make with a simple pattern. Everyone one, I've thought, "that's my favorite, no that one." They're all so pretty, I could never choose.

Jodi said...

Ahh, this one is very pretty, too. Love how you grouped the triangles together to make one big pattern.

Unknown said...

I'm sooo impressed by your triangle quilts...everyone of them. Have a nice weekend!

Deborah said...

I am so crazy about your triangle quilts. You have just the right touch for color and placement!

Patti said...

I've been sorting through my Kaffe Fassett fabrics with a plan to do a triangle quilt completely inspired by you! Each and every quilt of yours is a beauty! Thanks for sharing your design and building steps!

Mary said...

I love all your diamond quilts. I bought this ruler this summer and can't wait to start the quilt from scraps.

Anonymous said...

There are all awesome, but this one stands out and really reminds me of summer! Thanks for all of the inspiration.

Judy said...

Add yellow, and it's a hit with me! Lovely quilt and it's refreshing to hear how much you've enjoyed hand quilting. Yay for slowing down life and enjoying hand work :-)