For me, the start of a new year is always a good time to get more organized. Looking through my stash, scraps and wips... I am making slow progress on my spiderweb blocks that was started last year ...
Over time I have collected strings with this wip in mind. The strings vary in width but fit into the colors I choose for the quilt.
I am aiming for 15" finished blocks in a layout of 60" * 75". This will be a busy and colorful one!
After putting the few finished blocks on the design wall, I decided to cut out the base square for the rest of the 20 blocks. I am using my own tutorial for these with a few adaptions:
- larger squares to start with
- a more narrow star forming in the center
I was not happy to dig through a lot of strings , so I decided to sort and divided them by color to make it easier to grab a few of each... The challenge of making these blocks for me is to have good contrast and distribution of color throughout the quilt. I also think a good mix of light and dark values make the blocks more vibrant.
Enjoying the slow progress as these spiderweb blocks are fun, but not so quick to make. This quilt will be a labor of (scrappy string) love as the spiderweb is one of my most favorite traditional patterns.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!